Healing Touch Western Australia Inc.
Healing Touch Western Australia Inc. is a not for profit membership and educational organization to administer and coordinate the Healing Touch Certificate Program in Western Australia HTWA coordinate all classes, support groups, open days and Introduction to Healing Touch sessions.
Practitioners follow a Code of Ethics and International Standards of Practice set by Healing Beyond Borders Educating and Certifying Healing Touch.
As part of a volunteer program in Perth, HT practitioners volunteer at SolarisCare Cancer Support Centre at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands and St. John of God Hospital, Subiaco, Perth.
A Community inspired to practice self care and well being through Healing Touch.
- Promote the benefits of Healing Touch as a natural healing therapy
- To raise the awareness of Healing Touch to the wider community
- To raise the profile of Healing Touch as an ongoing educational modality
- To support the needs of practitioners and students in their study and practice of Healing Touch
- Creating therapeutic relationships by connecting people through bio energy activities.
- To be leaders, innovators and educators in Healing Touch therapy in WA.
The healing Touch Program was developed by American practitioner Janet Mentgen (RN, BSN) who had practised energy-based care since 1980 in Denver, Colorado.
Janet was honoured as the Holistic Nurse of the Year by the American Holistic Nurses Association for her work in energy-based therapy and taught classes in Australia on many occasions.
Healing Touch was first taught in Australia by Mary Jo Bulbrook (RN, Ed.D) and Donna Duff (LPN) in 1993. The program continues to grow and is supported by Certified Healing Touch Practitioners and Instructors throughout Australia.
Healing Touch International Inc (HTI) now Healing Beyond Borders Education and Certifying Healing Touch is a non-profit organization established to administer the Healing Touch certification process for both practitioners and instructors.